Who are “Body Art Consultants”?
At many other studios, this position is called “counter person” or “counter”.
We decided that our people offer so much more than standing at a counter and deserve much more respect than this position has historically received in traditional studios.
This position is our first impression with the client, the first person who is knowledgeable enough to offer suggestions and answer questions, they help direct clients to the person who can help them best, and do everything they can to ensure that clients feel welcome and satisfied. They do a tremendous amount of work to help the tattooers and piercers and are invaluable to us. For this reason, our BACs (Body Art Consultants) are on the same level in the business as the tattooers and piercers.
- Efficiently and accurately check in clients
- Guide clients to finding the right jewelry for piercings
- Help the piercers set up for piercings
- Maintain professionalism when answering the phone and e-mails
- Help clients and artists with scheduling
- Maintain high standard of cleanliness around studio
- Organize and maintain shop supplies
- Set schedule
- Commissions on jewelry sales after 90 day probation period
- Discounted pricing on jewelry after 90 days
- Health insurance (full time)
- Pre-tax spending benefits
- Sick pay
- Hazard Pay